When I was doing my graduation from Bangalore, I had made up my mind that I would travel to as many places as possible and also drag my friends along with me. So, I did have a few successful trips to the neighbouring states, and one of them has to be Pune.
Now the reasons why I am especially mentioning Pune, is because it is a very pocket friendly place and you can got here on a student budget too. Also, it has a mixture of culture which you would definitely love. Also, it has a ton of historical places, the weather is quite pleasant and also, there are night clubs for the students.
So, let me tell you about a few interesting place to see when you visit Pune. Now, if you are travelling to Pune by train, taking hotels near pune railway station may sound the best. But, I would suggest you to look for the hub of the city. So, that you are almost at equidistance from all the interesting places to visit. Below are a few reasons why Pune makes a fantastic tourist spot.
- Shaniwar Wada– TheShaniwar Wada is the first on my list because this magnificent fort from the 18th century is all sorts of architectural beauty. This fort was built in the year 1732 and was under the Maratha Empire until the year 1818, after the Peshwas lost control to the British. Later, the fort became the centre of Indian politics in the 18th Also, according to a few sources, the place is also haunted. So, if you want a spooky experience you need to visit this place.
- Aga Khan Palace– this was built in the year 1892 and is considered to be one of the biggest landmarks of the Indian history. The palace was actually an act of generosity by the Sultan who wanted to provide the poor of the neighbouring estates.
- Shopping– The place is filled with beautiful local shops to shop from. This is good news especially for the girls. You can get shoes, and handbags and all sorts of accessories form the place. It would be even better if you had an insight to the local markets and a knack for bargaining.
- Nightlife-The nightlife of Pune is one of the best as compared to the cities I have been to. The city has some of the most happening places to party and you can’t just miss it. If you are into late night parties and EDM music, the place has it all.
- Khadakwasla Dam– This lies on the outskirts of Pune. But the reason I am including this to the list is because of its great scenic beauty and one can have a fun road trip to this place, it is around 20 km away from Pune, so a one day trip is enough to enjoy this place. You could rent a few bikes and go visit the Khadakwasla Dam and you won’t be disappointed at all.